Re: Reading DTD's

Alan Thomson <at@wavenet.com> writes:
>Hi All,
>
>I would like to learn how to read the DTDs. Can someone point me to a good ref?

Alan,

If I could be so bold as to recommend that archaic form of documentation
known as a book, try

   "Developing SGML DTDs: From Text to Model to Markup"
      Eve Maler, Jeanne el Andaloussi.
      Prentice Hall PTR, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
      ISBN 0-13309881-8

Eve is coauthor (with Terry Allen) of the DocBook DTD, a structured SGML
application commonly used for computer documentation. This book discusses
the syntax and structure of a DTD, and how an SGML application is developed
to suit specific requirements. It probably goes way beyond your immediate
needs in simply understanding a DTD, but is a well-written reference, and
provides many ideas as to how the HTML DTD may fit into a larger scheme.

Murray

     Murray Altheim, Program Manager
     Spyglass, Inc., Cambridge, Massachusetts
     email: <mailto:murray@spyglass.com>
     http:  <http://www.cambridge.spyglass.com/murray/murray.html>
            "Give a monkey the tools and he'll eventually build a typewriter."