Re: Reading DTD's

Stuart Young (
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 01:30:48 +1000 (EST)

Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 01:30:48 +1000 (EST)
From: Stuart Young <>
To: Alan Thomson <>
Subject: Re: Reading DTD's

On Sun, 22 Sep 1996, Alan Thomson wrote:

> I would like to learn how to read the DTDs. Can someone point me to a
> good ref?

DTD's are declaration files in SGML.

You could go about the business of learning SGML, but you'll be at it for
a long time I gather.  What exactly do you want to 'do' with the DTD's?
Understand them?  Use them as a html reference?  Use them in a lexical way
to parse and/or certify code?

There might be other ways to tackle this sort of problem, which could be

| Stuart Young (aka Cefiar)  - You may be human, but you're still animals! |
| - Man is territorial. Violence is our response.  |