Re: about the OBJECT tab

Fred L. Drake (fdrake@CNRI.Reston.VA.US)
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 10:05:33 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Fred L. Drake" <fdrake@CNRI.Reston.VA.US>
Subject: Re: about the OBJECT tab
To: Erika Madja <madja@iro.umontreal.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 10:05:33 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: www-html@w3.org

> 1- Can anyone tell me if there exists a browser that implements the
> newly defined OBJECT tag ? I would like to see real HTML pages that use it
> and how it works.

  The Grail browser implements the OBJECT element.  See the
documentation and distribution, available from
http://monty.cnri.reston.va.us/grail/.

> 2- I want to make sure that I have a good understanding of the use
> of the PARAM  element. It can be used to pass arguments to the
> implementation  code  identified by the  CLASSID attribute. How does it work ?
> How can I access the PARAM values in my code ?

  Using OBJECT in Grail is discussed in the tutorial documentation at
the Grail web site.  Note that at this time, OBJECT is highly browser
specific; from looking at the spec. there doesn't seem to be a way
around this.
  (Has anyone started a list of the MIME types that are being used for
the TYPE attribute in OBJECT elements?)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.