Re: Usage of Fig

Jonathan L Neuenschwander (jonathan@ecn.purdue.edu)
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 09:41:31 -0500 (EST)

From: Jonathan L Neuenschwander <jonathan@ecn.purdue.edu>
Subject: Re: Usage of Fig
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 09:41:31 -0500 (EST)

> Stuart Young <nakor@glasswings.com.au> wrote:
> > Can Fig be used to insert text from another source (eg: http or ftp or
> > ...) into a current html?
>
> FIG was from HTML 3.0, and is considered dead. The Cougar draft[0]
> has the OBJECT tag which should be able to do the same as FIG, and
> more.

Stuart mentioned that his question re: FIG stemmed from something he read
in a book on HTML.

<Rant>
When are publishers going to stop putting out books on HTML 3.0?!?  It's
amazing, 3.0 went belly-up a *year* ago, and yet I keep seeing *new* books
on it!  I saw one from The Waite Group last night, for crying out loud!  So
people who don't know its a corpse go and buy these bound volumes of
wastepaper...
</Rant>

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.  Guess my nerves are still a
bit on edge from Hurricane Fran.  :-P

Jonathan

      jonathan@ecn.purdue.edu  _/ _/       _/    _/   And it would of worked
    QUESTION AUTHORITY --     _/ _/       _/_/  _/  if it hadn't been for
  And the authorities        _/ _/       _/  _/_/  those meddling kids and
will question you.    _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/ _/    _/  their stupid dog