Re: Frames and Documents (fwd)

Benjamin Franz wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Sep 1996, Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:
>

> > I'll say this one final time:
> >
> > YES, when you have the freedom to use any archiving system you want for
> > browser bookmarking, you can do this. But when you want to link to a
> > specific point in a framed document *using HTML* in another (framed or
> > non-framed, but not identically framed) document, you don't have this
> > freedom (at least with the current spec).
>
> Yes you can. You yourself just said how. Use a frameset of your own to
> point at the pieces. There is nothing magic about the original author's
> own frameset. A link to this frameset will then take you directly to the
> page combination wanted.

You mean that if you want to point to a framed document, the way to
go is make a page with a copy of the frameset in which the frame is
in, with the right pages loaded, and link to that?
What if I want to point from a Usenet article, and cannot put a
WWW page somewhere?

I always thought hyperlinks should be easy.

Abigail