Re: A Simple Question... I Think...

On Mon, 9 Sep 1996, Alan Thomson wrote:

> I would like to include a file in the middle of a web page. Something like:

> <BODY ...>
> <H1>Current List</H1>
> *** tag to include the HTML formatted page ***
> <P>Questions or comments, contact ...
> </BODY>
> </HTML>
>
> Is there such a tag? The included file will contain HTML (which I will be creating).
> I don’t want to use a script to do this. I was hoping that there was a clean way to
> do this with HTML.

There is no 'real' way of doing this just yet. I (and others) have been
involved in a discussion about using <OBJECT> in such a way (in many
different forms), but of course, nothing we are discussing is implemented
in any browsers.

The only real way at the moment is to use a script on the server side.

| Stuart Young (aka Cefiar)  - You may be human, but you're still animals! |
| nakor@glasswings.com.au - IF you've done 6 impossible things, learn PERL |