Re: A Simple Question... I Think...

Stuart Young (nakor@glasswings.com.au)
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 23:01:36 +1000 (EST)

Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 23:01:36 +1000 (EST)
From: Stuart Young <nakor@glasswings.com.au>
To: Alan Thomson <at@wavenet.com>
cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: A Simple Question... I Think...

On Mon, 9 Sep 1996, Alan Thomson wrote:

> I would like to include a file in the middle of a web page. Something lik=
e:
>=20
> <BODY ...>
> <H1>Current List</H1>
> *** tag to include the HTML formatted page ***
> <P>Questions or comments, contact ...
> </BODY>
> </HTML>
>=20
> Is there such a tag? The included file will contain HTML (which I will be=
 creating).
> I don=92t want to use a script to do this. I was hoping that there was a =
clean way to
> do this with HTML.

There is no 'real' way of doing this just yet. I (and others) have been=20
involved in a discussion about using <OBJECT> in such a way (in many=20
different forms), but of course, nothing we are discussing is implemented=
=20
in any browsers.

The only real way at the moment is to use a script on the server side.

\

/