Re: Forgot a Wilbur request (fwd)

David Perrell (davidp@earthlink.net)
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 21:15:14 -0700

From: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Forgot a Wilbur request (fwd)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 21:15:14 -0700

MegaZone wrote:
> Frankly, I can't find evidence that 'height' on TH/TD - as is in
Wlbur now -
> is supported!  According the the HTML references on the MS page, it
is not
> listed.  And I can't find any decent listing on NS - all of the table
> references I found there don't have it.

I couldn't find evidence on the MS site that 'width' is supported,
either, but it is.

Netscape's difficult-to-find and out-of-date HTML reference is at
http://developer.netscape.com/library/documentation/htmlspec/index.html
Cell WIDTH is documented, HEIGHT isn't. (width is documented, but
sure doesn't work right in version 2.1)

Undocumented, but MSIE 3.0 and NSN 2.1 both support cell height on
Win95/NT. The tallest cell determines height for the whole row.

Twould sure make sense to have the height attribute in TR.

MSIE 3 supports COLGROUP and COL tags and claims they are HTML 3.2. I
wish they were. Does NSN 3.0 support these? Unfortunately, MSIE
doesn't support the WIDTH attribute for COL and so these tags lose
much value.

David