Re: Color Palette Incompatibilities

Chris Lilley (
Fri, 06 Sep 1996 19:31:03 +0200

From: Chris Lilley <>
Subject: Re: Color Palette Incompatibilities
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 1996 19:31:03 +0200

David Koblas wrote:

> I just came across this table today and noticed a nit.
> CMY colorspace and RGB color space have a very simple translation
>       [C,M,Y] = [1-R, 1-G, 1-B] (0..1 color values)

Anyone who pretends that this equation is valid is missing
rather a lot of information. It is very, very far from the truth.

I agree that Fushia is a pretty vague term, but then outside the
print/prepress field people don't much talk about cyan or magenta,

Chris Lilley, W3C                          [ ]
Graphics and Fonts Guy            The World Wide Web Consortium              INRIA,  Projet W3C                       2004 Rt des Lucioles / BP 93
+33 93 65 79 87            06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France