Re: COUGAR: ALT and <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE">

I'm concerned more with VALUE/ALT being supported by them when image loading is
disabled than with VALUE being ignored by GUI UA's that are loading images.

I'd prefer to lace my WWW application interfaces with ALT's (so that the user
can simply disable image loading to achieve an image-less version of the
application) as opposed to dealing with the overhead of generating image-less
pages for text-only support over slow connections.

I'm not sure which is worse:

1.  Adding Yet Another Attribute to INPUT for TYPE="image" to follow the ALT
convention for unavailable images.  or

2.  Recycling VALUE and breaking the ALT convention making image unavailablity
with INPUT into a special case.

Its all well and good that lynx works well with VALUE, but I'd prefer to see an
single-implementation-independent standard.

-marc