Re: The Final Word on Browsers and the Future

Peter Flynn (pflynn@curia.ucc.ie)
19 Oct 1996 18:02:13 +0100

Date: 19 Oct 1996 18:02:13 +0100
From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
Subject: RE: The Final Word on Browsers and the Future
To: walter@natural-innovations.com
Cc: www-html@w3.org

   Whenever I hit a site that ticks me off, I email the webmaster with a clip
   of the offending HTML, and explain why it offends (such as text forced into
   a table 600 pixels wide). Once in a while, it actually helps!

I do the same, and even edit their HTML into shape to help them
understand how they can achieve what they want _and_ remain compatible
with the rest of the world. Works wonders on a few occasions.

OK, how about a browser which would perform a rough parse and
_automatically_ mail the webmaster (or the author, if identified) with
the list of errors? I've been asked countless times if this exists
(no) and if I'd like to make it a part of WebMail (not yet).

///Peter