Re: Netscape 4.0 press release at their server

Chris Ridd (C.Ridd@imc.exec.nhs.uk)
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 17:51:51 +0100

Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 17:51:51 +0100
From: Chris Ridd <C.Ridd@imc.exec.nhs.uk>
To: Jonathan L Neuenschwander <jonathan@ecn.purdue.edu>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Netscape 4.0 press release at their server

Jonathan L Neuenschwander wrote:
> It *is* in there.  From the Communicator FAQ at
> http://home.netscape.com/comprod/announce/faq_c.html
[...]
>  * Style sheets. Using style sheets, Web page designers can specify a
>    specific look for their pages. All of the properties of these features are
>    reflected into JavaScript, making it easy to create exciting, dynamic

That sounds quite useful, actually. It sounds as though you could have
Javascripted buttons which changed the stylesheet - so there could be
one button for your "screen" styles and another for your "printed"
styles. Or whatever.

Mind you, I could do with basic 'static' stylesheets from Netscape
*right now*!

Chris