Re: Tips on MS Internet Explorer keyboard shortcuts...

Peter Flynn (pflynn@curia.ucc.ie)
09 Nov 1996 22:22:03 +0000 (GMT)

Date: 09 Nov 1996 22:22:03 +0000 (GMT)
From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
Subject: Re: Tips on MS Internet Explorer keyboard shortcuts...
To: davidp@earthlink.net
Cc: www-html@w3.org

   > I note that MSIE lets you use TAB between <A> links. I can't run
   > it on this connection: does anyone know what it does in a FORM
   > when there are hypertext links in the text between fields?

   Focus is initially at the first form field. Successive form fields
   and hypertext links get focus in correct order on the page, with
   focus moving from the last item in the document up to the address
   box and then down to the first link or form field.

OK, great, thanks. So this is a variation on normal behaviour in
field-fill applications where TAB and Shf-TAB are used to move between
fields (only). I'd be concerned for blind users running MSIE with a
Windows speechbox.

///Peter