Re: <insert> and external entity references (fwd)

At 11:11 PM 3/19/96 -0800, MegaZone wrote:
>Can anyone say that they expect the majority of users - who can't get HTML
>write half of the time - to get a DTD right?

No. They just have to download a DTD off of the web that meets their needs.
This is not a new problem. This is not even a hard problem. Microsoft just
released a DTD with all of their elements and all of those of Netscape.
Browser Vendor Bob would add their elements to this DTD and send it out to
customers who wanted to support their browser.

Anyhow, the point seems academic to me. The browser market seems to be
consolidating, and the tag sets supported by browsers are converging.

 Paul Prescod