Browser maximum WIDTH & HEIGHT! (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 20:22:49 -0800 (PST)

From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
Subject: Browser maximum WIDTH & HEIGHT! (fwd)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 20:22:49 -0800 (PST)

Once upon a time Heikki Vesalainen shaped the electrons to say...
>The broblem I'm having in my homepages, is that I use a background
>picture 800 pixels wide, and if someone is viewing my page with in a
>window wider than that, my page will look awfull to him.

That's just too bad.  I *never* want to see something that starts resizing
my windows.  No friggin' way.  I size my windows VERY deliberately and
documents should conform to the window, NOT the other way around.

If you did this and I hit your page, I'd leave *instantly*.

-MZ
--
Although I work for Livingston Enterprises Technical Support, I alone am
responsible for everything contained herein.  So don't waste my managers'