Idea for adding to HTML -Reply

Charles Peyton Taylor (
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 10:18:50 -0800

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 10:18:50 -0800
From: Charles Peyton Taylor <>
Subject:  Idea for adding to HTML -Reply

Hey, that's sounds cool!  Maybe we could use them for banners?
Maybe we could even have it as a <link>!!!  JOY!   Maybe Netscape
might support it.  Nah.

For the sarcasm impaired: look at the <banner> element.

C  h a r l e s    P e y t o n   T a y l o r
The opinions and views expressed       ##  even though we're on our
are my own and do not reflect          ##        we are never all
Those of the Naval PostGraduate School ##  when we are singing,

>>> Paul Derbyshire <> 03/18/96 09:45am >>>

A thought I have had is the creation of *inline html*. These would be
like inline images, except they would actually be html. There would be
a tag such as <inhtml src=blahblahblah.html> and the appropriate HTML
would be inserted and rendered at that location. This would make it
easy to implement things like toolbars uniformly on a group of pages,
by having a file containing the toolbar html and inlining it in other

    .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines
are not
 -()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in
    `*'  straight line."
         -- B. Mandelbrot  |  Paul Derbyshire (PGD)