Re: Idea for adding to HTML -Reply

At 08:32 AM 3/19/96 -0500, HEATH MCCARTHY wrote:
>How exactly does one convince them to do this?  I've heard this kind of
>statement on several occasions, and I was wondering how I a Web
>page developer and heavy user get "them" to implement things like
>nested html.  And - I want style sheets!  But I am not equipped to us
>Arena nor are the majority of potential visitors to my sites.

Here are a few ideas:

Some of them read this mailing list.

Some have email addresses for suggestions.

If you can convince a "small player" to implement it, a big player may copy
it. (the bigger the small player, the better...)

The W3 Consortium at www.w3.org has some influence and members of it may be
able to wield it to support your idea.

If you can convince other users that they _also_ want it, the _lack_ of it
will become a common complaint. I think style sheets are quickly moving into
that category. Embedded HTML would move into that category if there were a
"document" that explained how to do it so that users would have something to
point to.

I wonder, should there be an html-standards FAQ? It could explain about HTML
3.0, about common requests, it could point to places in the archive where
particular issues are discussed, point to information about SGML, explain
the relationship between W3C and the HTML-G, etc.  What does everyone think?

 Paul Prescod