Re: Frames - can they be shut down?

Ethan Roberts, Taylored Designs (taylor@execpc.com)
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 08:18:25 -0600 (CST)

Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 08:18:25 -0600 (CST)
To: www-html@w3.org
From: taylor@execpc.com (Ethan Roberts, Taylored Designs)
Subject: Re: Frames - can they be shut down?

>I have found one way to close frames, but I don't think it's ment to be
>done like this:
><A HREF="asdfasdf" target="_top">
>This closes all frames when the viewer moves to "asdfasdf".

There are a couple of ways to close frames, and target="_top" is one of them.

Also, there's:

TARGET="_blank" which opens a blank window.

TARGET="_self" which loads the next item in the same window the link is in.

TARGET="_parent" loads the next item into the main browser window.

TARGET="_top" for going to the full window.

Try doing this linking with and without the quotes.  Sometimes the desired
effect comes with/without them.

"Someday...when I've got kids, a dog, a mortgage, liver pate rotting in the
fridge and a Chrysler Mini-Van in the garage, I'll say to myself, 'Binkley,
you poor, miserable, bored Yuppie, ...you never went for the gusto.'"
-Michael J. Binkley, Bloom County

Ethan Roberts
Taylored Designs
The future is what you make it ...