DTD thing.

Charles Peyton Taylor (CTaylor@wposmtp.nps.navy.mil)
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 15:25:50 -0800

Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 15:25:50 -0800
From: Charles Peyton Taylor <CTaylor@wposmtp.nps.navy.mil>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject:  DTD thing.

Now that the HTML 3 draft is two weeks shy of becoming
a year old, is there a new HTML 3 DTD?  Or should people
just use the Microsoft IE DTD?

Speaking of the Microsoft IE DTD, could someone put up
a version on the internet somewhere?  (I didn't get a
chance to read it myself, since I don't have a MIME
mail reader :(  and I'm sure others in the internet
community would like a chance to look at it.)

Personally, I just want to see if it allows one to
do this (code taken from the CSS draft):

 <LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css"
      HREF="http://style.com/cool" TITLE="Cool">
    <STYLE TYPE="text/css">
      @import "http://style.com/basic"
      H1 { color: blue }
    </STYLE>
  </HEAD>

Whatever they are using at web techs doesn't like it.