Re: Message from WEBER at BCRVM1

On Mon, 11 Mar 1996, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time rcollins@cariboo.bc.ca shaped the electrons to say...
> >repeat it for every self-important individual who chooses to inflict his
> >or her schedule upon us ? I suggest this, if not tantamount to spamming,
> >is certainly highly inappropriate behaviour, and warrents WEBERs
>
> It is probably just a fuckup, once upon a time I setup 'vacation' and
> set the timeout too low.  It only meant the lists I was on got one message
> every couple of days, but I learned from that.
>
> No need to get rabid about it, two filtering solutions (procmail and filter)
> have been posted.  And it really isn't hard to hit the delete key a few times
> by hand.
>
> When he returns just point out to him what he did and ask him to not do it
> in the future.
>
> >archives). Alternatively, how do people feel about saving these messages
> >- and mailing them back to WEBER on the 18th ? (Sorry if this sounds too
>
> If I were you're admin and you did that, your access would be yanked fast
> enough to give you friction burn.  This is the same thing as mailbombing,
> and it never does anything except harrass the admin and potentially mess up
> mail to the site and hurts everyone involved.  It's a childish reaction and
> I hope we're above that level here.
>
> -MZ
> --

I agree with you MZ, is high probable that weber made a mistake, and we
all learned from this, just making a little bit of fun about ;-)

PS

"fuckup" == "mistake" ?

Andreas R. Orlandi
Platforms & Tools Support Team

ITALTEL                        |  Tel: +39-2-4388-9077
A Stet and Siemens Company     |                  5932
                               |  Fax: +39-2-4388-8431
Via R.Romoli                   |  email: Andreas.Orlandi@settimo.italtel.it
Cascina di Castelletto         |         andreas-riccardo.orlandi@itu.ch
Settimo Milanese, Mi           |