Re: Images in Horizontal rules...... (fwd)

MegaZone (
Sun, 23 Jun 1996 02:54:32 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: Images in Horizontal rules...... (fwd)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 02:54:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <>

Once upon a time shaped the electrons to say...
>I store the original size of the image (in pixels) with the image, and
>then calculate the position of the mouse click within the displayed
>version as a percentage of the displayed width & height and multiply
>appropriately by the original width & height.  Isn't this how other
>browsers maintain the consistency?

Basically they tell you to just not resize the image with height and width
tags.  The ones I've seen just return the coords where you clicked - no
processing on them.

And since, IMHO, using the height and width tags to habitually resize
images is dumb, I like this since it prevents such use on an imagemap.

Forcing people to author their images at the appropriate size is a *good*
thing as far as I am concerned.  And since image resizing isn't supported
on all browsers it is a bad habit.  I use heighth and width to speed
rendering by setting the actual size.

Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951
For support requests:  <>
Snail mail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway  #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566