Re: Arena / Amaya (was: Re: <math>, <fig>, ...)

In message <ADEC9DC4-63CDD@134.32.101.215>, "Steve Heaney" writes:

>I agree - I'm on the lookout for a good Mac product as well.  This one
>is for the W3C to answer though.  I'm not sure what the priorities are
>for the Amaya developers.

If you're looking for a "product" from the W3C, you're likely to
be disappointed.

The priority is to experiment with features and provide
proof-of-concept implementations.  We expect the consumers of Amaya to
be mostly developers, not end-users.

There's a certain level of quality and usability necessary so that the
bugs don't prevent you from seeing the features, but we're not likely
to do the last 20% of the work that takes 80% of the time.

But who knows... we will be releasing source code with no
restrictions (don't ask when: it will be several months from
now) and perhaps outside contributors could do some amazing stuff...

Dan