Re: Arena / Amaya (was: Re: <math>, <fig>, ...)

Steve Heaney (heaney@cambridge.scr.slb.com)
18 Jun 96 17:53:47 +0000

Date: 18 Jun 96 17:53:47 +0000
Subject: Re: Arena / Amaya (was: Re: <math>, <fig>, ...)
From: "Steve Heaney" <heaney@cambridge.scr.slb.com>
To: www-html@w3.org
Cc: Jean-Charles.d.Harcourt@grif.grif.fr, kdow@maricopa.com

>Steve Heaney wrote:
>
>> Amaya is a testbed client for experimenting with new Web features.
>> Amaya will be available soon to W3C members and the Web community one
>> month after.
>> Amaya runs on Unix workstation and is being ported to PC/Windows.
>
>Is there a Macintosh version of this application in the works? There is
>a significant amount of HTML authoring being done on the MacOS, and the
>availability of such a tool would promote the use of standard and valid
>HTML.

I agree - I'm on the lookout for a good Mac product as well.  This one
is for the W3C to answer though.  I'm not sure what the priorities are
for the Amaya developers.

A commercial product called Symposia from GRIF S.A. shares the same roots
as Amaya and I would not be suprised if GRIF will pick up and deliver
technologies demonstrated in Amaya in Symposia .  They are currently
not planning a Mac version of their product but I get the impression
they are open to persuasion.

Try sending mail to <URL:mailto:Jean-Charles.d.Harcourt@grif.grif.fr>
if you are interested in Symposia for the Mac.

Regards,

Steve.

P.S. Sorry if this is a little off topic for the list.