Setting tab size in PRE

John Penix (jpenix@ece.uc.edu)
Sat, 15 Jun 1996 16:13:23 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 16:13:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Penix <jpenix@ece.uc.edu>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Setting tab size in PRE

Has anyone suggested a way to set the tab size inside PRE.  I found
nothing in the archive.  The spec says that the tab size is 8 and
that's that.  It also makes the comment that tabs should not be
documents, which seems to do against the whole preformatted concept.

Anyway, I just thought I would throw this suggestion out on the floor.
I do not see why it would cause any conflicting interactions with
other things, but I'm not intimate with brouser implementation.

John

John Penix               University of Cincinnati ECECS
jpenix@ece.uc.edu        Knowledge-Based Software Engineering Lab
<a http://www.ece.uc.edu/~jpenix/>I</a>
   "I am, I exist, that is certain.  But how often?" - Descartes