Re: Just when you thought it was safe...

At 01:43 PM 6/12/96 +0800, James K. Tauber wrote:
>People whose stomaches turn at HTML being called a subset of SGML will
>want to avoid
>
>http://www.netscape.com/comprod/at_work/customer_profiles/mcdonnell.html
>where (as of early 6/12) SGML is described as "a subset of the HTML
>standard".

Actually, that page sounds to me like an accidental endorsement of SGML. As
I understand the system, McDonnell Douglas is using Netscape as a transport
mechanism for SGML documents (i.e. a glorified FTP client). Perhaps the
actual system M-D is using is based on Panorama which in turn is using a
minimized instance of Netscape.

 Paul Prescod