Re: The <address> element. ERROR in the html 3.2 dtd

On Sun, 9 Jun 1996, Olle Jarnefors wrote:

> The <ADDRESS> element isn't treated like the ordinary block
> elements in HTML 2.0, it can't be included in <P> or <LI>
> elements for example. This is still true in the HTML 3.2 DTD, as
> far as I can understand. Why this restriction? It seems
> unnecessary to me. Three well-known browsers that I tested of
> course have no problems with displaying <ADDRESS> elements
> within a paragraph or list item.

It doesn't make sense to put <ADDRESS> within either, surely? The address
is something which comes after the body text, and so it must only be
within the <HTML> delimiters.

James

  James Aylett - Crystal Services (crystal.clare.cam.ac.uk): BBS, Ftp and Web
     Clare College, Cambridge, CB2 1TL -- sja20@cam.ac.uk -- (0976) 212023