The <address> element. ERROR in the html 3.2 dtd

Olle Jarnefors (ojarnef@admin.kth.se)
Sun, 9 Jun 96 19:11:05 +0200

Date: Sun, 9 Jun 96 19:11:05 +0200
From: Olle Jarnefors <ojarnef@admin.kth.se>
To: www-html@w3.org
Cc: Olle Jarnefors <ojarnef@admin.kth.se>
Subject: The <address> element. ERROR in the html 3.2 dtd

The <ADDRESS> element isn't treated like the ordinary block
elements in HTML 2.0, it can't be included in <P> or <LI>
elements for example. This is still true in the HTML 3.2 DTD, as
far as I can understand. Why this restriction? It seems
unnecessary to me. Three well-known browsers that I tested of
course have no problems with displaying <ADDRESS> elements
within a paragraph or list item.

By the way, there is a terminological error in
< http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/Wilbur/HTML3.2.dtd >.
I believe "%bodytext" should be "%body.content":

--
Olle Jarnefors, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) <ojarnef@admin.kth.se>