no replies yet on Forms in Table Cells !?

John Bro (
Tue, 04 Jun 1996 09:10:48 -0400

Date: Tue, 04 Jun 1996 09:10:48 -0400
From: John Bro <>
Subject: no replies yet on Forms in Table Cells !?

        Dear www-html-ers,

        So far I've only had one reply which just put a  form in a cell.
        That I can do.  What I can't do is get it to validate.

        I'm validating with  James Clark's nsgmls, aka SP,  and the 3.2 DTD.
        It closes a table when it sees <FORM>.  This seems wrong to
        me.  Is there a reason for it? I admit I'm not fully conversant in
        but it looks to me like it ought to be valid.  It works fine even in
        (except that it introduces a linebreak after the </form> )

        I'd also like to echo the query about WIDTH as an attribute of a cell.
        Why is it removed from 3.2?  It validates with the Netscape DTD,
        and I believe with the old 3.0 (not certain on that one).

        I'd really appreciate an answer from a guru out there..

        John Bro
        InterSoft Solutions, Inc.   (where i'm trying to use forms in cells)..