Re: HTML3.2?

Matthew James Marnell (marnellm@portia.portia.com)
Wed, 05 Jun 1996 14:46:44 -0400

To: ppinn@dra.nl (Thomas van Gulick)
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: HTML3.2?
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 14:46:44 -0400
From: Matthew James Marnell <marnellm@portia.portia.com>

:>Where is the PLAIN attribute for UL?
:>Where are the WIDTH and HEIGHT attributes for TH and TD?
:>
:>I made much use of these tags, but now, all of a sudden, they're removed
:>from the HTML3.2.dtd .. Why? Only because Netscape did not support them?

I don't think so.  Every 2.0+ version of Netscape that I've gotten
my hands on seems to support width attributes in TH and TD.  I haven't
ever tried height in a TH or TD though so I don't know about that one.

If it's not in 3.2, then 3.2 is wrong, but then I and others have been
saying that for a while.  If only other organizations, like the IETF,
would standardize bad but widely used things, maybe we'd all be using
MS's idiotic extensions to PPP by now.

Matt