Re: deprecated tags in Wilbur & Cougar -Reply

Matt Heffron (
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 16:45:48 -0700

Subject: Re: deprecated tags in Wilbur & Cougar -Reply
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 16:45:48 -0700
From: Matt Heffron <>

>Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
>Actually, underlining is specified as a fallback substitute for italics,
>and indeed this is how Lynx handles it.
>But a few months back, there was discussion here about *legal* documents,
>which apparently do require underlining. I'm not qualified to comment on
>that, though. :)
But, of course, the *RIGHT WAY* will be to use style sheets and mark
the part of the document to be underlined with either DIV or SPAN
(DIV if its structural, SPAN if its not) with a
CLASS="legal-term-defining-class-to-be-underlined" :-)

Or am I completely clueless on style sheets? (Haven't researched them much.)
Matt Heffron
Beckman Instruments, Inc.         voice: (714) 961-3128
2500 N. Harbor Blvd. MS X-10, Fullerton, CA 92634-3100
I don't speak for Beckman Instruments (or CRFG) unless they say so.