Re: Cougar: ideas for <A>,<INPUT>

In article <9607291251.ZM2693@gaia.ckm.ucsf.edu>,
"Marc Salomon" <marc@ckm.ucsf.edu> wrote:
> Suggestions for <INPUT>:
>
> FOR      - IDREF pointing to the form to which this <INPUT> belongs.  Allows
> for
>            placement of <INPUT> elements outside of <FORM>...</FORM> container.

Why would you want to do that? Is this an attempt to work around the
nested form problems? If so, nice idea. I'm not sure how well it would
work, though.

Another proposal, while we're at it:

DEPENDS - IDREF pointing to a form element (INPUT, SELECT, OPTION, FIELDSET
or TEXTAREA) on which this input belongs. If the indicated form element
is not selected, or not filled in, this input should be "greyed out"
until the indicated element is selected.

Example:

<INPUT TYPE=checkbox ID=foo NAME=wantmail> Do you want to receive
an e-mail copy of this form's results?
<P>
<FIELDSET DEPENDS=foo>
Please enter your e-mail address:
<INPUT TYPE=text NAME=email>
</FIELDSET>

Galactus

--
To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.