Re: Cougar DTD: Do not use CDATA declared content for SCRIPT

Arnoud (galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl)
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 12:42:39 +0200

From: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Cougar DTD: Do not use CDATA declared content for SCRIPT
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 12:42:39 +0200

In article <199607300450.AAA21234@anansi.w3.org>,
"Daniel W. Connolly" <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> Regarding <script SRC>: just use <link rel=script href="...">
> in stead.

I don't see how this would work. The July 12 Cougar DTD specifies SCRIPT
with the attributes TYPE and LANGUAGE, to indicate what kind of script
it is. You'd have to invent a new relationship for each script type.

<LINK REL=javascript HREF="foo.js">

A more elegant solution could be a custom MIME type for the various
script types. But then you'd still have the problem of not being able
to specify the TYPE attribute.

Galactus

--
To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.