Re: Comments in markup?

In article <v02110108ae22e711597e@[140.186.34.50]>,
murray@spyglass.com (Murray Altheim) wrote:
> Comments are only allowed in declarations. And the only declarations within
> HTML document instances you'll find are comment declarations -- all the
> rest is considered markup. You'll note that you can't put <!ENTITY ..>
> declarations within the document instance either.

Then why can I use comment declarations in an HTML document, but not
other SGML declarations? I'm not asking if any browser gets this right,
just why an SGML parser would barf at it.

Galactus

--
To find out more about PGP, send mail with HELP PGP in the SUBJECT line to me.
E-mail: galactus@stack.urc.tue.nl - Please PGP encrypt your mail if you can.