Re: What about  ?

Walter Ian Kaye (boo@best.com)
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 13:39:48 -0700

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 13:39:48 -0700
To: www-html@w3.org
From: Walter Ian Kaye <boo@best.com>
Subject: Re: What about &nbsp;?

At 1:27p +0100 07/29/96, Abigail wrote:
>Arnoud Galactus Engelfriet wrote:
>
>> OTOH, it *is* current practice in Netscape, so perhaps it should be
>> defined in Wilbur as non-collapsing as well?
>
>Well, I don't think Netscape will change behaviour, regardless what
>Wilbur will say. So, what's the point of defining it as collapsing?
>People don't care what the specs say, people care how it looks on
>their own screens.

And they can't even get *that* right.  "&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp" crops up,
which is even worse (missing delimiters).
To be fair, though, Netscape did invent <SPACER> for people to use instead!
(hehehe)

-boo
 who this morning dreamt that he was walking along a NYC street, found a
 suitcase in the gutter with a name tag saying "Heinz Tuppinger", brought
 it in to an alcove, opened it up to find only a briefcase inside, opened
 that up to find a tiny book with some pages torn out, looking very much
 like foul play was involved...

 See what bounced messages can do to people? LOL