Re: Cougar and HalSoft HTML Toolkit (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 17:17:38 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: Cougar and HalSoft HTML Toolkit (fwd)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 17:17:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>

Once upon a time Chris Lilley shaped the electrons to say...
>It's not so much a case of editing something, more a case of replacing
>sgmls with
>something that doesn't assume a character is 8 bits wide. I use nsgmls
>and it works
>fine with the Cougar and the i18N DTDs.

Well, this begs the obvious - are you willing to share the nsgmls binary you
have? ;-)

I got another email that said the standard nsgmls binary needed changes,
and another that detailed changes to a number of files as well as having
to recompile sgmls with a new library, etc...  So if there is a working
binary that can be dropped in, I think that would be great for everyone
who validates.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway  #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566