Batch Files (Way Off-Topic)

Fisher Mark (FisherM@is3.indy.tce.com)
Thu, 25 Jul 96 12:52:00 PDT

From: Fisher Mark <FisherM@is3.indy.tce.com>
To: www-html <www-html@w3.org>
Subject: Batch Files (Way Off-Topic)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 96 12:52:00 PDT

Walter Ian Kaye writes in <v03007818ae1d4f9f2cca@[205.149.180.135]>:
>I have *more* control over my environment via AppleScript and Apple events
>than you have via a primitive command line. You needn't feel sorry! ;D
>(I've written DOS batch files, so I'm qualified to talk, hehehe)

Unfortunately, DOS batch files can quickly qualify you for The
Thompson-Ritchie Gentle Rest Home for the Scripting Underpowered.  If I have
to write something scripty and portable, I will use Perl -- matter of fact,
I am likely to use Perl anyway.  Although I haven't use AppleScript and
AppleEvents, I gather they have similar power.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled CDATA debate, in progress...
Mark Leighton Fisher                   Thomson Consumer Electronics
fisherm@indy.tce.com                   Indianapolis, IN