Re: Batch Files (Way Off-Topic)

David Perrell (davidp@earthlink.net)
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 13:08:24 -0700

From: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>
To: "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Batch Files (Way Off-Topic)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 13:08:24 -0700

(Fisher Mark and Walter Ian Kaye knock DOS batch files in response to
deprecatory comment regarding environmental control afforded by Apple
OS)

Hello. Since when does "control over environment" equate to batch
files? I first learned programming on an Apple IIe. Using LOGO and--as
part of my final class project--machine lanuage. By machine language I
mean editing a string of numerical instructions, addresses and data.
Now *that's* control! But such <blink blink> a <drool> cost...<attempt
to suppress facial tic>

I shall address this topic no more.

With a santimonious genuflection for Walter's Mac, David Perrell