Re: a bad idea (fwd)

MegaZone (
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 19:18:32 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: a bad idea (fwd)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 19:18:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <>

Once upon a time Walter Ian Kaye shaped the electrons to say...
>I said:
>>How about:
><META NAME="altgifs" CONTENT="">
>Predefine the lists in the <head>, and reference from the body.
>Would this break any SGML rules?

I don't think either of our options violates SGML - but I think mine is a
lot clearer for authoring, and when it comes down to it it invoves less.
You need another entry in the head, mine needs just two new fields in IMG.

But I was arguing a point not for my solution as the correct one - I believe
that anything like this belongs in OBJECT and that IMG should be left alone
to hopefully wither over time.

Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951
For support requests:  <>
Snail mail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway  #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566