Re: a bad idea (fwd)

MegaZone (
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 20:30:27 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: a bad idea (fwd)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 20:30:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <>

grumble mutter fuck...

Don't you hate it when your boss lets a process go out of control and fill
/tmp just as you save and send an email?

I'm going to enjoy ribbing him on this one tomorrow.

Once upon a time MegaZone shaped the electrons to say...
>From  Mon Jul 15 19:24:02 1996

Since I don't know if the error here was on the sending or the receiving
side I won't repeat myself. IN case this didn't get out it was basically
an argument/rant about why tossing away SGML is an exceedingly bad idea
and that after more research and email it turns out that the
SRC="1" SRC="2" SRC="3" does *not* work the same in all browsers so it is
NOT a valid option nor a good reason to toss SGML.

Also the point that there are scores of widely used and wildly popular
tools tha *depend* on SGML compliance.  And that, having talked with
reps from Netscape, MS, Sun, and SoftQuad (in person at tradeshows and/or
via email) all of them feel SGML is the future for HTML and they are not
about to even consider dumping it.

Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951
For support requests:  <>
Snail mail: 6920 Koll Center Parkway  #220, Pleasanton, CA 94566