Re: ***MATH***

Angel Diaz (diaza@cs.rpi.edu)
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 19:18:50 -0400

To: Lineaer Algebraiker <ma104@math.uio.no>
Cc: www-html@w3.org, diaza@cs.rpi.edu
Subject: Re: ***MATH***
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 19:18:50 -0400
From: Angel Diaz <diaza@cs.rpi.edu>

> Has the whole math effort died? I seem to remember that we were promise=
d =

> results, and at least an idea of a timetable by 1st july.
> =

Hello,

 I just wanted to point out a Netscape Navigator Plug-in from IBM that ma=
y be
of interest regarding the electronic distribution of technical documents.=

 techexplorer http://www.ics.raleigh.ibm.com/ics/techexp.htm

 This plug-in allows for TeX (as well as some extensions) to be seamlessl=
embedded in an HTML document. The current aim is to allow for a so called=

"intelligent math object" that could be dragged and dropped into a consen=
ting
math application (spread sheets, symbolic or numeric computation
engines, and so on). This transfer of a mathematical expression implies t=
hat
the exact semantics of such expressions must be preserved. Currently the
OpenMath effort is hopping to fill such a void.

 OpenMath http://www.can.nl/~abbott/OpenMath/index.html

Regards,

Angel Diaz
Department of Computer Science