Re: Gutter language

Erik Aronesty (
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 12:50:17 -0700

From: Erik Aronesty <>
To: "'David Perrell'" <>
Cc: "''" <>,
Subject: RE: Gutter language
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 12:50:17 -0700

alley is better than "column-gutter" or some other difficult to
remember, syntaxy thing that will annoy those people who aren't nerds.

i'm not saying it bothers me.... im the type who speaks c++ first,
englist second.  nevertheless, in developing a high level language for
financial calculations...i found that my best bet was to use words that
had a visual picture (alley) rather than a semantic description