Re: Table Extension

Jonathan Rosenne (100320.1303@CompuServe.COM)
08 Jul 96 05:19:57 EDT

Date: 08 Jul 96 05:19:57 EDT
From: Jonathan Rosenne <100320.1303@CompuServe.COM>
To: WWW HTML List <www-html@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Table Extension

>Please read the message before replying. The way I use <TC> to define
>a column instead of doing the table row by row does *not* require the
>complete content to be available before starting to render. The browser
>can render the first column, keep track of the widest entry, then
>continue the second column. All perfectly progressive and no calculations
>even.

The column width is calculated based on the width of the window and the possibilities of breaking table entries to more than a single line if necessary.

Try narrowing the window and you will see what I mean.

>Thomas

Jonathan Rosenne
JR Consulting
P O Box 33641, Tel Aviv, Israel
Phone: +972 50 246 522   Fax: +972 9 56 73 53
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Jonathan_Rosenne