Re: Table Extension

Jonathan Rosenne (100320.1303@CompuServe.COM)
08 Jul 96 05:19:57 EDT

Date: 08 Jul 96 05:19:57 EDT
From: Jonathan Rosenne <100320.1303@CompuServe.COM>
To: WWW HTML List <>
Subject: Re: Table Extension

>Please read the message before replying. The way I use <TC> to define
>a column instead of doing the table row by row does *not* require the
>complete content to be available before starting to render. The browser
>can render the first column, keep track of the widest entry, then
>continue the second column. All perfectly progressive and no calculations

The column width is calculated based on the width of the window and the possibilities of breaking table entries to more than a single line if necessary.

Try narrowing the window and you will see what I mean.

Jonathan Rosenne
JR Consulting
P O Box 33641, Tel Aviv, Israel
Phone: +972 50 246 522   Fax: +972 9 56 73 53