Re: International chars in HTML files

Dave Salovesh (darsal@tezcat.com)
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 19:27:16 GMT

From: darsal@tezcat.com (Dave Salovesh)
To: frederic.naud@hec.ca
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: International chars in HTML files
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 19:27:16 GMT

On Fri, 19 Jan 1996 13:22:07 -0500, Frederic Naud wrote:

>At 08:25 96-01-16 +0000, darsal@tezcat.com wrote:
>>>On Mon, 15 Jan 1996 15:39:13 -0500 (EST), murray@sq.com wrote:
>>>
>>Frederic, could you point us to a demo page where you have used -both-
>>notation styles?  I think we're looking at a quirk of trying to be both
>>international and platform independent.
>
>        Please take a look at the source of this page:
>                        http://www.hec.ca/pl_cours/4_650_85/planh96.htm
(source deleted)

Thank you.  I see that your crafty application of ISO 8559-1 is correct,
of course. :)

I have also discovered that my mailer is semi-broken.  I am able to send
the full character set, but I can only recieve 0-127, the ASCII
characters.  I shall grit my teeth and wait patiently for the next
upgrade.  And write to the developers, Forté.  Daily, if necessary.

My apologies for this simple misunderstanding.

Dave
darsal@tezcat.com

  Note: Unsolicited email of a commercial nature to this address
        (darsal@tezcat.com) carries a $150 fee for
        advertisement. See http://www.tezcat.com/tezcat-aup.html
        for more details.