Re: International chars in HTML files

Geoff Narvronsen (geoffryn@nfocus.com)
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 21:43:35 -0600

Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 21:43:35 -0600
To: frederic.naud@hec.ca
From: geoffryn@nfocus.com (Geoff Narvronsen)
Subject: Re: International chars in HTML files
Cc: www-html@w3.org

>Hi,
>        I would appreciate if someone could tell me what is currently the
>norm for internatinal chars. on the WWW.  Do we still have to type the code=
>(&eacute; for an =C8) or can we type the character in the HTML file.  With =
all
>the browsers I tried, the &eacute; is useless since the software recognised
>the characters (=C8).
>
>        Thank you
>
>        Frederic Naud
>
>PS I'm new to the list, but I didn't see that subject in the archive so
>please forgive me if this tread was resolved earlier.

several HTML editors allow you to pick the character out of a list..one
example being WebWeaver (not by any means the best) which has a SPECIAL
CHARACTER selection in the menu bar..you select which ISO character you
want, and it will place the codes into your document..

you can get WebWeaver at:

http://www.northnet.org/best/

GeoffryN