Re: HTML Typo

Matthew James Marnell (marnellm@portia.portia.com)
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 20:59:47 -0500

To: andreas@wni.co.jp
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: HTML Typo
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 20:59:47 -0500
From: Matthew James Marnell <marnellm@portia.portia.com>

:am very much concerned about the inconsistencies of Netscapes (macintosh)
:handling of typography.
:
:remarkably the different handling of the <H7> tag (does not imply a line
:brake as do all the other <H?> tags, displays a larger type than the <H6>
:tag if the basefont- size is 12pt)

Query, since when has there been and <H7> tag?  I wasn't aware of it.
In fact Netscape 2.0b5 for the Mac, Linux, and BSD/OS all render anything
within an <H7> tag as if it is reading normal text within an invalid tag.

If Netscape really has introduced an <H7> tag, which it doesn't appear
it has if I take the three versions of the browsers I have here as
any indication, how many levels are they planning on taking Headers
to?

Matt