Re: grayed out/conditional form selections

Simon Cox (S.Cox@solo.ned.dem.csiro.au)
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 15:18:02 +0800

Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 15:18:02 +0800
To: rmenon@tisl.ukans.edu
From: S.Cox@solo.ned.dem.csiro.au (Simon Cox)
Subject: Re: grayed out/conditional form selections
Cc: www-html@w3.org (HTML)

>I was wondering if there are any ideas/plans to implement
>grayed out/conditional forms. I went through the FAQ and searched
>through the list archives for keywords that seemed relevant but
>there seems to be no mention of this.
>
>What I was thinking of is something like this:
>
><FORM METHOD=post ACTION="http://www.hal.com/sample">
><P><input name="gender" type=radio value="male"> Male <P>
>
><CONDITIONAL "gender"="male">
>   We have a fine selection of ties for the well dressed man.
>   What kind would you be interested in ?<p>
>   <input name="tietype" type=checkbox value="flashy"> Look at me!<p>
>   <input name="tietype" type=checkbox value="subdued"> Subdued.<p>
></CONDITIONAL>

etc

This is very similar to something I suggested a couple of months ago -
"nested" forms.  This would give a sort of pull-right menu capability
to the FORMS interface, which would make pseudo-GUI construction very
doable.

Simon Cox

Dr Simon Cox                        __  \
CSIRO Exploration & Mining       ,~'  L_|\    Australian
39 Fairway, PO Box 437,       ;-'         \   Geodynamics
Nedlands, WA  6009  Australia (            \  Cooperative
      Phone +61 9 284 8443    +    ___     /  Research
      Fax   +61 9 389 1906     L~~'   "\__/   Centre
simon@ned.dem.csiro.au                   W
AGCRC info>>   http://www.ned.dem.csiro.au/AGCRC/