Re: Proposal for SIZE attribute

Scott E. Preece (
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 08:06:13 -0600

Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 08:06:13 -0600
From: (Scott E. Preece)
Subject: Re: Proposal for SIZE attribute

   From: (Ian Burrell)
|   I was thinking recently that a SIZE attribute that indicated the
|   physical size in bytes of an included object would be a useful
|   addition to HTML.

My mindset is sufficiently object-oriented that it really turns my
stomach to have a referencing document specify things about the
referenced resource.  Having said that, however, providing a way to give
an expected-size hint bothers me a lot less than having the reference
indicate the type of the referenced item...

scott preece
phone:	217-384-8589			  fax:	217-384-8550
internet mail: