Re: Proposal for SIZE attribute

Scott E. Preece (preece@predator.urbana.mcd.mot.com)
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 08:06:13 -0600

Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 08:06:13 -0600
From: preece@predator.urbana.mcd.mot.com (Scott E. Preece)
To: iburrell@loki.stanford.edu
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Proposal for SIZE attribute

   From: iburrell@loki.stanford.edu (Ian Burrell)

|   I was thinking recently that a SIZE attribute that indicated the
|   physical size in bytes of an included object would be a useful
|   addition to HTML.
---

My mindset is sufficiently object-oriented that it really turns my
stomach to have a referencing document specify things about the
referenced resource.  Having said that, however, providing a way to give
an expected-size hint bothers me a lot less than having the reference
indicate the type of the referenced item...

scott

--
scott preece
phone:	217-384-8589			  fax:	217-384-8550