Re: Suggested HTML extensions (tvml)

Rick Collins (
Fri, 5 Jan 1996 08:11:33 -0330

From: Rick Collins <>
To: "'Veikko Punkka'" <>
Cc: "'HTML-list'" <>
Subject: RE: Suggested HTML extensions (tvml)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 08:11:33 -0330

I follow with replies:

From: 	Veikko Punkka[]
Sent: 	Friday, January 05, 1996 5:41 AM
To: 	Rick Collins
Cc: 	Veikko Punkka
Subject: 	Re: Suggested HTML extensions (tvml)

Rick Collins wrote:
> I've checked the archive of this list and haven't found any "particular" =
> reason why the following suggestions would not be appropriate.  Please =
> let me know if there is a better place to discuss the following ideas???
> OK. So I got this idea see? What if?
> TVML (The TV stands for television)
> A set of HTML extensions that exploits the complete viewing screen in =
> it's 3x4 format.

What happens if the screen is not in 3x4 format? How about virtual
window managers with a logical screen larger than the physical screen?

By my theory the percentages would be applied to the virtual screen resolution.
> A page tag would begin with?
> <VIEW FULL ESC> This would force the full-screen view with no visible =
> boundries. The ESC would be the key used to bail from this view and back =
> to the browser (page-layout) scheme.

What happens if there is no ESC key or the ESC key is already bound
to some conflicting function?
You modify the ESC for another key (eg. CAP).  I assume settop devices would have a key specific to this.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Veikko Punkka NTC Oy P.O.Box 779           _/     _/   _/_/_/_/
FIN-33101 Tampere Finland                 _/     _/   _/    _/
phone/fax: +358-31-240-X:    .._/         _/    _/   _/_/_/_/
X = 7111(phone) X = 7444(fax)    .._/      _/_/     _/ .._/    _/      _/
NTC Oy will not accept any financial or legal responsibility
that could be derived from the above message.