Re: I believe most of us agree that there are security issues

Stephen Turner (S.R.E.Turner@statslab.cam.ac.uk)
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 10:12:47 +0000 (GMT)

From: Stephen Turner <S.R.E.Turner@statslab.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: I believe most of us agree that there are security issues
To: JHTaylor@videodiscovery.com (Jim Taylor)
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 10:12:47 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: www-html@w3.org

Jim Taylor wrote:
->
-> 1) Privacy of information
-> 2) Unscrupulous agents
-> 3) Faulty agents
-> 4) Unscrupulous HTML
-> 5) Unscrupulous applets
-> 6) Accessibility of stored information
-> 7...) Anything else...?

Yes. Novice users. What works well for computer-literate spec writers doesn't
always work well for the majority of the people on the Web. Of course there
are already security and confidentiality issues, but we should make sure as
far as possible that any new spec doesn't make it easier to exploit those
who just press every button on the screen.

--
Stephen R. E. Turner
  Stochastic Networks Group, Statistical Laboratory, University of Cambridge