Re: Automatic Entry and Forms

Scott E. Preece (preece@predator.urbana.mcd.mot.com)
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 09:41:48 -0600

Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 09:41:48 -0600
From: preece@predator.urbana.mcd.mot.com (Scott E. Preece)
To: hallam@zorch.w3.org
Cc: rhazltin@bacall.nepean.uws.edu.au, derek@tpdinc.com, murray@spyglass.com,
Subject: Re: Automatic Entry and Forms

   From: hallam@zorch.w3.org

|   Please do not assume that you are the only person who understands the
|   Internet and its users. I don't think that there is a Napoleon behind
|   every URL, very few of the users of the Internet are homicidal maniacs
|   like Napoleon, Hitler or Saddam.
---

[Really off the subject, so if you feel like responding, you might want
to respond to me, rather than to www-html...]

Could someone explain why (a) Napoleon would be particular interested in
my personal data, if he were still alive [that is, what is "a Napoleon
behind every URL" supposed to mean" and (b) on what imagineable grounds
one would describe Napoleon as a "homicidal maniac" and put him in the
same category with Hitler and Saddam?

scott

--
scott preece
phone:	217-384-8589			  fax:	217-384-8550