Re: Automatic Entry and Forms

Robert Hazeltine (rhazltin@bacall.nepean.uws.edu.au)
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 19:56:03 +1100 (EST)

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 19:56:03 +1100 (EST)
From: Robert Hazeltine <rhazltin@bacall.nepean.uws.edu.au>
To: Walter Ian Kaye <boo@best.com>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Automatic Entry and Forms

Hi

On Thu, 22 Feb 1996, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

> Well, presumably any UA supporting this would also have a set of
> preferences such as the following:
>
>  .-- Automatic Form Entries ---------------------.
>  |                                               |
>  | [X] Name                                      |
>  |     ( ) First name only                       |
>  |     (*) Full name                             |
>  | [X] Email address                             |
>  | [ ] Date of birth [..] [..] [..]              |
>  | [ ] URL [................................]    |
>  |_______________________________________________|

No....

Let's not presume anything of the sort...

This is the most pernicious piece of crap that I have seen in a long time.
We fought long and hard in Australia to get rid of the Australia Card and
this is a permutation of the same theme.

If you are naive enough not to see the implications of this, move over and
let others overtake.  If you have any thoughts on your Congress's DCA,
then think again because this is worse by a factor of 100.

Rob...

Robert Hazeltine                    r.hazeltine@nepean.uws.edu.au
Library Web Support                 http://www.nepean.uws.edu.au/library/